City of Portage Parks and Recreation Department is looking for a full-time park maintenance- laborer.
Position description: Full-time park maintenance laborer position includes all areas of daily park maintenance: grounds maintenance including landscaping and snow/ice removal, rental facility maintenance, athletic fields maintenance, trash removal, custodial duties, event set up and tear down. Must be able to lift 50lbs and use a variety of park equipment including zero-turn mower, field groomer, snowplow, tractor, and chainsaw.
Position minimum requirements include:
- Minimum age of 18 years with Valid driver’s license.
- High school graduate or equivalent GED
- Must be able to work scheduled overtime situations, especially during events and extreme weather.
- Must be able and willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Individual must meet minimum physical abilities for the following tasks: able to frequently do repetitive actions during working hours, complete all assigned work for efficient operations of department duties, completing daily required paperwork, occasionally assigned to duties of other departments, road repairs, lawn care, roadside pickup, leaf pickup, equipment upkeep, building upkeep, grounds upkeep and snow/ice removal duties and other tasks assigned.
- Individual must wear daily PPE and be able to exercise sound judgement and possess hand-eye coordination to ensure their safety and the safety of other employees.
APPLICATIONS: Applications are online or at the parks department office located at 2100 Willowcreek Road, Portage, IN 46368. Applications and resumes are accepted until December 6, 2023.
For more information about the position or to apply email Parks@Portage-IN.com